I normally EDC a fair amount of stuff, either on my person or in my work bags or cars. When I have to go “minimal” (which for me is an AAA LED flashlight and some band-aids in my ) Mission Wallet I can start to feel a little uneasy. On Wednesday I was having lunch at Union Station in DC when that anxiety struck. I had left my work bag in my client's office so I wouldn't have to wrangle it thru building security again after lunch.

I suddenly realized that if something bad happened I'd be without my gear including my FAK, my back-up comms (Ham HT), cell phone charger, etc. And probably no way to get back to it because the building would likely go into lock down. There was a brief moment of real concern going on in my head as I began to worry about things that were so unlikely to happen that I shouldn't have been worried at all.

Now 3 years ago, before I joined this forum, I probably never would have had those thoughts. So is my new found heightened awareness and attendant anxieties good or bad?

I blame Doug...