Originally Posted By: yeti
It's funny how many folks aren't worried about the threat of death by flu but cougars are a concern. If 36,000 people a year died from cougar attacks in the US, and a new breed of really powerful cougars sauntered on in to exacerbate the situation, we'd be sitting in turrets watching fields of fire!

I'm kidding of course. But the liklihood of winning the lottery has to be greater than being attacked by cougars.

You know what, I get the flu shot every year, I carry my own pen so I don't have to use any pen that is touched by hundreds of other people when signing credit card receipts, wash my hands as soon as I get into the house or office, have hand sanitizer at my desk at work, make sure I don't touch my hands to my face...all year round, not just in flu season.

I also make sure I don't go out in a thunderstorm or take cover if I am caught in one. I don't play my electric guitar when a thunderstorm is raging just in case of electrocution despite the small probability of that.

How is preparing for cougar or bear attacks if you are in the woods any different than preparing for any other emergency no matter how small the probability?

Edited by Hookpunch (09/13/09 12:35 AM)