Good comments. I guess a couple things play into this. One, I don't flaunt it. It's in my pocket 98% of the time. Not everyone here has even seen it. I'm sure that none of them are able to discern it in my pocket. It sits pretty good in pants that have a change pocket, too. Two, I don't think that most people view it as a tactical knife. Because they don't have any idea what that means. I originally bought the full size Griptillian, but it was too large for an office EDC. I was really impressed with the knife, just too large to carry in my pocket all the time IMHO. The mini-griptillian is smaller than a box knife, and is smaller than the palm of my hand (and I don't have big hands). The Benchmade 710 is even more streamline, but my personal preference was the griptillian. Yes there are some other "gentlemen" ; knives, and if I was in a suite and tie, I'd likely move to that. But for khaki's and polo's this works good for me. If I was concerned about my employment, or lack of, by carrying it, I would definitely put it with my FAK in my briefcase.