Overall the system worked very well - and served all of our needs for the area it is serving.

A couple of upgrades will be:

Change battery to a better quality, eg. two 6v golf cart batteries in series - possibly AGM. The bargain basement 12v one I purchased doesn't cut it very well - especially after a year of use. I've had to recharge the battery on a couple of occasions, and added distilled water to keep the levels up. I know it kinda general maintenance stuff, but it happened more frequently than I expected.

Add some conduit for wiring from the battery to the fixtures. It appears that the resident rat/mouse population chewed through a couple of the wires disabling the fans in the pig pen.

Change to better quality 12v light fixtures. A couple of the sockets shorted out (probably from the dust factor), and they are not good fixtures for LED replacement bulbs.

These were pretty minor improvments for an otherwise great winter. Lights worked when we needed them to, and the timer kept our chickens laying right through the winter.

If only it would power a 'predator eradication system' - NOW that would make it the perfect system. We had an ever present problem with coyotes trying to thin the flock.