Originally Posted By: Jeff_McCann
Originally Posted By: NAro
[snip]My plan in the future is to have my PSP(s) in my pockets or under my pants or shirt.

One of the things I like about BDU style clothing is the covered buttons on the pockets and fly to reduce snagging, as well as the roominess of the thigh pockets. Now, if I could just find some made out of a lightweight nylon,I'd be thrilled.

5-11 just came out with a new pair of tactical pro pants. They are not BDU standard but are very close to it and much lighter. I tried on a pair and was impressed.
5-11 tactical pants

I personally wear Mountain Hardware Canyon pants and have put them through years of off trail abuse with zero defect. No cargo pockets but the depth of the 2 front/2 back more than make up for it. Plus I use vests or packs for heavy carry instead of stuffing pants.

The lightest stuff is going to be from North Face, Mountain Hardware, Columbia, heck even Under Armour has some good light and strong pants. The rub for me is most of these that have cargo pockets are also zip offs and I don't do that style.