Ok... I hate 'em too. Ours died a couple of years ago and I just couldn't get it fixed and had to buy a replacement. It's a good thing we had it as I got laid off and had to spend half a year job searching and it was a life saver. That said, when I got some money ahead this last year I got a Mac laptop and didn't look back. You can get by on the cheap but I would advise going for middle of the road and going with name brand. Get a new computer and rebuild.

I'll recommend you find a knowledgeable kid - some boy scout or rural area outdoor type in your area and they will be willing to help with all sorts of hands on computer assistance in exchange for some Equipped to Survive gear.... barter in other words. If you are really in a pickle, just let us know here and the group will rally - we will buy some stuff, toss a few bucks into the hat and what ever else it takes to support you like you have supported us with all the good gear, advice and this great site!

I'm in the land of the walleye (Minnesota) otherwise I would just stop by and try to help out. Anyone you can call on near by? Good luck and keep us posted and let us know what to do to help. McDonald's will thank us too I think....

Paul -