Not to be a wet blanket, but I started out with my usual degree of enthusiasm, found lots of caches around LA, but by no means all. I'm sort of cool on geocaching now. If I'm going somewhere with young relatives, or interested friends, I'll load up the recent cache list on my Garmin Venture HCx. One thing I find futzy with this lower priced model is the 25 megs of storage space (or whatever it is) does require me to basically unload all the LA data that's useful when I'm in town so that I can upload new data for say Phoenix or S. Francisco where I have young relatives. If I ever get another GPS, it's gonna have all the detailed data for the U.S. built-in, or at least easily loadable on a SD card, with plenty of room to load caches for any new areas I might be interested in. The Venture HCx is a very excellent unit for the price, as I've said, just short on storage which I accepted as a cost saving measure when I bought it. Knowing what I do now, I would have saved up a little more money for better storage.