I know not everyone is convinced that vitamin supplements are the bomb, but there are some foods that warrant consideration nonetheless.

I have always been a fan of Total cereal. It just works for me, what can I say. My only problem is it is usually one of the most expensive cereals on the shelf. Not that I am a big cereal eater, but I do use it in other recipes from time to time, especially my ranger cookie recipe.

Anyways, while strolling down the isle at the local Walmart, I was considered replenishing my stock with another box. As I thought it over, I noticed a Walmart generic sitting nearby. A quick comparison indicated that the nutritional content was pretty much identical, but the cost was about 1/3. Going from 28 cents an ounce to 10 cents an ounce makes this purchase consideration extremely appealing for me. I bought four boxes, and may go back and get more. I suspect this is not a one shot deal, but likely a durable discount, and given the threat of what may come, stocking up on something with a fairly decent nutrition profile at a fairly good price seems like the thing to do.

Just thought I'd pass on my discovery. They are called "Fortified Bran Flakes" or something close to that, and not stocked right next to the Total necessarily.