Not staying put is part of avoidance, if the disaster is going to be in your AO. Unless something really bad happens your more likely to bug out to a hotel room than anythng else. So I gear toward that first. I have a suitcase in each closet ready to go which has various toiletires already packed like toothbrush and deoderant. When I use up a toothbrush or deoderant at home I buy a new one and put it in the suit case and pull the one from the suitcase to use at home that way I rotate stock. Basically everything you may need to carry out normal activites. Those and the BOB's are the first layer.
Having those ready can make some fun too, get up one day and decide to just go away for a night or two, to you and I its a disaster avoidance/bug out test but for the rest of the family just a weekend get away.
I did one last year and found out a couple items we needed and the ony store around was a walmart so I had to pay twice what I should have for them, I haven't been in a walmart forever since they were more expensive than other stores but hadn't realized just how much more expensive they were.

Edited by Eugene (01/13/09 04:42 PM)