Originally Posted By: Tom_L

Camelbak is another option but I think I'll pass for now. The bite valve is cool. However, I don't see any real need for it myself. I see how it could interfere with some of my other gear and it might be a pain to clean. Besides, I'm a bit wary of adding any more "gadgets" to my setup because they only tend to make life more complicated on the trail in my experience.

I really like the Camelbak bottles for the house and commuting. I find I drink more because it's easier to use the bite valve than it is to open a bottle, less spillage too. I clip a bottle to my work bags (use Griploks on a bag with MOLLE webbing). On the trail I use a Camelbak type plastic resevoir in my pack for drinking water and a 1 qt. plastic GI-type canteen on my belt for cooking, washing, etc. My only complaint with the hydration bags is re-filling them. Blackhawk makes a filler tube that has faucet connection with a quick disconect valve so you don't have to open the pack to re-fill.

Let us know what you decide!

Andy