Originally Posted By: Grahund
According to the Cold Steel site, the blade is 4116 and the handle is "420 series". I doubt that it matters much exactly which 420 is used in the handle.

The Pocket Bushman has a 4 1/2" blade compared to the 3" blade on the Dozier Ka-Bar Hunter. Which is preferable depends on what you want to do.

Agreed 100%. What is 'preferable' is largely a matter of individual taste/preferences. I am not going to slam another person's blade.

Having said that there is some real crap out there and sticking with good steels and manufacturers/retailers with a well deserved reputation makes sense. Just last night I put a cheap chinese knock off of a swiss army knife to use and the main blade snapped backward toward me. It was 'locked' in place only by the cheap plastic body of the tool. Fortunately it was a gift and not something I actually spent money on.

The blade was marked (Stainless China). Now, as far as I know there is no stainless steel named 'China'. To me the label just means it is worth less than free because it will break when you need it. Many other steels we can spec out and use and have opinions on, but they are all more or less serviceable.

Personally I would rather get a $20 knife whose steel I was familiar with, but if it works for you then it works for you. No harm in that.