Originally Posted By: benjammin
The train didn't look like it was phased in the least as it hit that trailer and sent the D-9 flying through the air.

I used to date a train driver a few years ago. As you can guess, she used to take a lot of ribbing about being "such a cute little girl driving that big 'ol train." Anyway, we were talking about stupid drivers and she says "We're trained to do three things. Hit the brakes, hit the horns and hit the floor."
I'm looking at her with a puzzled look saying "I understand hitting the brakes and the horns, but the floor? In a train, you're damn near invincible. You'll obliterate anything you hit!" She said "You have no idea what's going to happen. The car might come up in the cab with you. It might derail the train. We just lay down and hang on until everything stops and then worry about cleaning up whatever's left." She even said after a bad wreck, they're told to stay in the cab, radio it in and not go to look at anything. Too many of the driver's quit after seeing what their train did to a car or truck. Obviously, it doesn't leave a lot to bury. No matter what, the laws of physics will always win.