Originally Posted By: Mike_H
One thing I've noticed here in SE PA is that the roads tend to get very slick, even with just light rain. I never noticed that in the NE.

I wonder if it is a function of the increased traffic, material road is paved with, something else?

Either way, people tend to not know how to drive in snow down here.

Can’t explain that observation to you Mike, Might be the topography, the increased traffic leaving more oil on the road, the way ice/rain/snow line seems to parallel I95 or alien technology gone wrong. But it can be an adventure driving in anything other than clear, dry, sunny conditions, on a holiday.

Personally I think that the folks who make driving an adventure when it snows are all the folks who moved from the cities, like Philly, to the country. In Philly the streets were never plowed so they couldn’t get their cars out to drive. They move to Chester County, buy their Suburbans and Expeditions, thinking that driving at 45mph on snowy, hilly roads is the same as city driving at 20mph on flat streets.

But if you think SE Pa is bad, try northern VA around DC some time. Yeesh!

I have a sibling who lives in Birmingham AL. The city has one snowplow. When it snows , everyone stays home.

Going to be a messy few days, maybe even a white Christmas! Take it easy out there and everyone be safe.

Andy