My defensive driving skill is distance = time. By that I mean that I always try to leave enough space between my car and the car in front so that I have the time to react. As I get older I find myself leaving more space 'cause my reactions are frankly slower at 58 years than they were at 18.

So it stands to reason that I hate tailgating. I've been thinking of getting a bumper sticker (or maybe one of those flashing led signs for the back windshield) to pass on the message that "the closer you are the slower I go". I figure when the guy behind me can't stop in time when the deer runs out into the road in front of me at least he won't be going so fast when he smacks me.

The worst offenders are the tailgaters on a multi-lane road who prefer to tailgate rather than pass. If I move to the left they go by, but they won't change lanes to get around me.

PS, I'm not a slow driver by any means but so many people seem to have a complete disregard to the traffic laws that even driving at the limit plus 5mph seems to aggravate guys in pickups, women in giant SUVs and city municipal waste haulers. Don't even get me started about yellow lights...