I'm sitting here in our end of the great cold and storm systems hitting the country.We have the rain, heavy snows and a few burn areas under watch for mudslides.
Nothing compared to some other areas,right?
Wrong
Pomona Freeway and a CHiP stops to help a disabled car. He is hit by TWO cars and killed. He leaves a pregnant wife and 4 children aged 7 years to 7 months. He was 29 years old.
I drove locally to the store and saw 8 accidents. I counted 5 vehicles skid,lock brakes and overcorrect into partial spins. I had a driver play bumpertag with the driver next to me and myself with his lights flashing to high beams.
We were going @ 5MPH under the posted limit. He finally got out at a red light screaming,kicking my bumper until the lights of a police cruiser AND an officer yelling at him to kiss pavement got his attention-after three commands.
That one felt good.
We use the STOP acronym in survival.
Tonight I'm thinking SLOW probably would avoid a lot of suprises; from a drive a few blocks to preparing a longterm survival larder.
I was in a hurry once in the store, grabbed three cans of saurekraut instead of two and am cooking italian sweet sausage with it my fatiqued brain said buy.
I did sit in my car until the defoggers made it clear, as did a cup of starbucks my brain.
Lady pulled up as I was backing out and got mad. So I pulled back in and she got mad again, wanting my spot by her gesticulations.
Did I say I like to sip my coffee, real slow?

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (12/16/08 03:01 AM)