Originally Posted By: OldBaldGuy
wow! i suffered thru -20 once, not counting the windchill. didn't like one little bit. i don't know how you guys do it...

It's all about just living with it and acclimatization. Today it's -46*C with the windchill (-30*C actual). Yep, it's cold but we just bundle up. Toques and mitts and layers of clothing, etc. Not a big deal in the end. But I always shake me head when I start seeing foreigners with parkas and hoods and mitts when it's only freezing (0*C) - what do these people do when it actually gets cold???!!!

I actually prefer cooler weather, when it gets too warm in the summer THATS when I have problems. Warm for me is 30*C or 86*F, beyond that I get muscle cramps and a lot of fatigue. I could wonder the same thing about how do you guys handle the HOT climates? Hot and dry is one thing but hot and humid absolutely KILLS ME! I was out hiking in 32*C and 95% humidity one day and I was really stressed out.

We very rarely have a "ice storm" as it is so dry where I live - an occasional freezing rain perhaps but hot the heavy precipitation and freezing temperatures at the same time. I've never had a power outage of more than a few hours so I have a fair bit of empathy with these people in the NE states who may be without power for a week or more!