Originally Posted By: MichaelJ
We just had our neighborhood holiday party and several of us ended up in a corner talking preparedness. It turns out that my nagging got through, at least to a few people. We made plans to meet again after the holidays.
We all seem to be concerned about different things. I just generally what to be prepared; one guy is really worried about Bird Flu, another about economic collapse, another about a terrorist attack. What's great is at least four of my neighbors are getting prepared and want to do it as a group. A good step in the right direction.

You, my friend have just tackled what I think is the hardest part. If they return for the post-holiday meeting, you will know who is truly serious. I wish you all the luck in your endeavor. Remember to search out unknown skill sets in the group. You will be amazed what comes out of the woodwork. I just found someone I have know for three years wasn't "just in the navy", but a SEAL! I learned that as he absolutely humbled me on the range this morning. He seemed to just "think" where he wanted the round to impact and the hole appeared in the target.

Sniper humbled, I must go lick my wounds and explain to my wife about the money I lost.

RIP OBG