Hello All,

So, for the sake of this discussion, assume that you and a few others (Mormons mostly) are prepared with one year's worth of food, water and supplies.

Something big happens and those stores become necessary.

All of a sudden your neighbors (or friends or relatives or strangers)come looking for help. These are the same people who thought you were crazy for imagining that something might happen.

What would you do?

I've thought a lot about this and I don't have an answer. There are few neighbors whom I've talked about preparedness with, and a few of those have stocked up on some supplies. Usually this is just fulfilling the Red Cross's or FEMA's suggested 72 hour kits.
I've encouraged everyone I know to think about preparedness, plan and get ready for tough times. Most people just scoff. A few of my neighbors have said things like "we'll just come over to your house if something bad happens". It was funny at first, but what do I do when they actually show up hungry or hurt? I have stores for 6 months tops for MY family. In an emergency (worst case or not) where do you draw the line?

Edited by MichaelJ (12/05/08 02:46 PM)