Greetings,

I have been going to my local merchants first for quite a few years. If they don't carry what I need, then I'll go to the big box stores.

We've started going to the local Farmer's Market before going to the grocery store, so as to keep as much of our money in the local area, as possible.

I've come up with additional contingency plans to start providing more of our own food via garden vegetables and possibly chickens/eggs. Procuring and developing a canning capability is already in the works.

Since I stay confused on whether I am an "Optimistic Pessimist" or a "Pessimistic Optimist", I expect some hyperinflation in the near future (good time to pay off bills) before we can expect deflation. I feel that the coming times are going to create some disruptions in the "just in time" delivery system which is going to translate into some grocery shelf empty space, gas shortages, etc.

IMHO, this is a very good time to explore and/or create "options" that will address my worse fears. I am preparing my back yard to better support a garden. This requires removal of a tree and an old wooden jungle gym/fort. Building some raised garden beds, procuring more pots (for herbal plants), etc. I'm even entertaining some ideas for making the front yard productive for some gardening.