Things are improving here. The local corner with the ace hardware, mcdonalds, gas station, and grocery store has power, but thats really rare at the moment. So its packed with people.

There was a loud explosion around 12:30 this afternoon, I suspect that another transformer blew.

Not much structural damage here, mostly downed trees and fences.

Things are good, but of course, thats how it is for 48 hours. its not that hard to last 48 hours.

Fortunately, HEB has opened about 40 grocery stores on generators and so both perishables and non-perishables are available to anyone who can make it to the store. There is a line to get in the store of course.

Thanks to the fact that we have pressurized natural gas, and the water system is intact, we still have the built in grill and hot water, which is a huge help.

Of course, those who don't have a power inverter 12vdc to 110vac for the car and a large UPS (like I do), and a grill, are probably faring much worse. I'm nowhere near tapped out of resources, and it looks like I won't have to break into the emergency water, MREs, or canned goods.

I would say that if you don't want to get a generator, having a decent inverter and even a small store of gasoline is an inexpensive and prudent thing.

My sister who lives over on 1960 had knee deep water for 24 hours after the storm, but no water in the house. The water has since subsided.