Originally Posted By: Paragon
My thoughts are that you have an excessive amount of edged tools for a FAK this size.

Heh. I saw that one coming! Yah, I agree I probably have more than strictly necessary cutting tools for a kit of this size.

Quote:
Once again, for the size of the kit, consider picking one pair of tweezers and eliminating the other two.

I've found both the pointed and slant tweezers to be useful. Originally I was going to remove the tweezers from the magnifying glass, but in actually trying to *use* the magnifying glass on myself, I found them useful so went ahead and left them. I suppose I could remove the other sharp pointed tweezers, but they are much better quality than the ones on the magnifying glass. Point taken in any case.

Quote:
Consider some type of occlusive bandage (3" x 9" petrolatum gauze pad) and rolled gauze (Kerlix or PriMed) to go along with the ETD that you have.

Can you suggest in what cases and how it would be better to use these items vs. (or in conjunction with) what I have?

Quote:
Looking closely at your photo, the glucose tablet expired in July of 2007, so you probably want to replace that.

Good catch. Now that you mention it, I should do an expiration date inventory.

Quote:
Overall, you've done a very nice job with the FAK, and the Condor II looks to be a very nice pack.

Thanks. And thanks for your feedback.

-john