Hell yeah the ACR must be hurting. General public doesn't know any better. Famous TV person has their face plasted with SPOT all over. Spot has all the "hip" features that youth wants. And it is cheaper (initially). So why not?

SPOT will get better. It will take time but they will do it. Slowly rescue will become a bussines and company like SPOT already has a foot in the door. SPOT hits the spot when it comes to extra services. I was in the market for PLB and everywhere I turned SPOT was recommended just based on the "i'm ok" function. It was shown side to side and besides all the functions of ACR models (yes I know they are two different beasts but pimply kid behind the counter doesn't) SPOT has the cool functions, is smaller and it takes regular batteries.

It used to be that I left the note with the ranger station "i be back in seven days" and everything was good. Now even my old man who recently discovered internet said to me: "when you are doing yer crazy stuff it would be nice to know that you are ok". Guess what? If my old man walks into the shop he will walk out with SPOT and not ACR product.