Originally Posted By: Brangdon
[quote=JohnN]
Personally, if you had to scale it down to the size you could have on your person at all times, you might be better off a with a heavy duty screwdriver./quote]The fancy key-ring prybars - the Atwoods etc - tend to function as heavy duty screwdrivers, often with other features too.

Not cheap, but I see them as a kind of jewellery for men. I don't mind spending money on something that's going to be with me always, especially if it buys me quality. I think it's worth using titanium for lightness, for example. That said, I don't currently carry one because I carry a Leatherman Juice instead, which I hope will be enough.

I personally don't see it as jewellery for men. The 4 atwoods i have, i use two very often (atwrench and Bug out bar) and see a lot of action. The more mature peter's tools get, IMO the more professional and useful they get. I have two of his tools that I don't use, his flat ti keyton (got it as a freebie) and his mini card knife with leather sheath (bought on a whim - used twice).

I guess its how you use them...