Actually, we don't even have to agree to disagree. My carry gun is a .380. I've always valued accuracy over "stopping power." Even when I hunt, I use the lightest slug I can find and count on the flatter trajectory and greater energy to do the job. So far so good. That's also why I like .357 Sig, its a relatively light, hot bullet.

But the .45 also has its place. If I'm trying to shoot somebody in the dark and I can't aim accurately, then I hope its a .45 that I've got in my hand!! This also makes it a great self-defense round for someone who doesn't want to spend hours at IDPA practicing shot placement in tactical situations. Your original statement was that a 9mm has as much "stopping power" as a .45. The statistics do not bear that out. I have the data in a spreadsheet if you'd like me to send it to you. Now, there are plenty of enthusiast out there that poo poo "stopping power" statistics. If you're one of them, that's fine. But be careful how you use the term, nowadays it means something very specific among the experts/enthusiasts.