Originally Posted By: falcon5000
Hikin_Jim, I had bought a set of these from Cabelas and although I haven't field tested them yet, I do have them in my pack and walked around the yard with them but haven't really walked a trail with them but they do seem comfortable with me so far. Check them out and see what you think. I do always carry a Sawyer Extractor kit with me as well and will use it if I do get bit because I do not think any harm will happen if I do use it and even if it does or doesn't work at least if it gets even a trace of venom out, it's better than nothing at all. Either way I know I'm screwed unless I carry antivenin with me (which is impractical and expensive due to refrigeration) and I I having seen any true feedback on the stun gun shock therapy much less having the balls enough to shock the venom out. So to minimize the bite chances I went with the Gators and use a stick when walking around and hope they will warn me when near.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa...s&noImage=0

Hmm. Now, these look interesting -- and they're about half the price. smile Are you going to post a "field report" after you've actually used them in the field? I'd be interested in how effectively they stay on, how they affect (if they do) your walking, and any comments on durability, weight, etc.