Originally Posted By: Nicodemus
I'd hate for this forum to turn into a "do whatever it takes" kind of place. But while we're just running scenarios through our minds; spitballing if you will; my mind drifts to another topic of discussion. And while it's OK to just put in my two cents as if this were a place and I was the kind of person who thought in a "do whatever it takes" fashion:

Screw the national forests, habitats, wildlife, homes and human lives I put in jeopardy, I'm setting a signal fire as big as all Hell to get my sorry lost butt rescued.

Fortunately I wouldn't do something like that, nor act upon such thoughts if I had them...

However, I understand that by the forum rules, your recent comment on the subject and so forth, such musings aren't out of bounds and don't warrant deletions. My apologies for asking.

If you are referring to my post in regards to discussing such thing on this forum I believe you too have taken things to far or read into them far more than what they are. I never said start talking about everything illegal, I just think it's odd that someone doesn't value their own life or families more than a stranger. (I don't think people should take this as not wanting to help a stranger or a friend, there is a difference.)

Comparing an electronic devise that changes a stop light and forces other traffic to STOP is not really a good comparison to setting thousands of acres on fire and potentially killing thousands of animals, burning down homes and killing people.

I also don't see what would be wrong with someone 'new' asking or stating "Well if I was lost I would just set a huge fire and they would find me." People here are kind enough and knowledgeable enough to educate this person.

Accidental illegal acts are a little different than planning, and creating an illegal devise and discussing it on an open forum.

Anyway, please don't take my opinion on the matter as an argument with you personally it's not. I am simply replying to your statement and stating my opinion.

I don't want anyone to have hard feelings about this smile