I want you all to take a look at this image, which I grabbed from the CNN.com home page a few moments ago:

That is a cop, with his finger on the trigger of what appears to be a Glock pistol, and that gun is pointed at an individual in the red and white vehicle.

Notice also the cop at the left, with an extended spring-whip baton. Behind them all, notice the soldier, in cammo.

I don't know what led up to this moment, I do know that the headline and article indicate that people are attempting to return to flooded locations, and are being denied access.

If any one image has reiterated the need to ensure that you have what you NEED and what you WANT ready to go quickly, this is it.

I long ago packed my long-term stuff in airport style rolling cases, right next to my fire safe. I store all critical documents mirrored on to EXTERNAL hard drives so that's all I need to grab on the way out the door, if needed.

If we were told to go, any time of the day, 24/7, we could, in 10 minutes or less and as much as I'd miss my house, we'd have what we need to get by.