I have lived in Oklahoma all my life..and have yet to see a tornado.

Let' talk about the kids for a moment..someone made a good point in an earlier post..it's all about the attitude that the parents show.

For example, last night, we had 70 mph straight line winds come through Tulsa. Of course my daughter is right by my side, (and I really wouldn't have it any other way). She always asks if there is a chance of tornados...I'm honest, yet with some humor. Last night I responded yeah there's a chance..just like everyday there's a chance that you will make your bed.

She always watches the weather with me and I take that opportunity to instruct. Kids take their ques from the parents. If you act like it's no big deal...it will be no big deal.

I grabbed a flashlight before plopping on the couch and she started to get that worried look. I explaind that I would much rather have it by..if the power happened to go out...then stumble around the living room getting to it. I explained that it's always better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. She went and got her mini-mag.