Originally Posted By: martinfocazio

(ALL subscriptions to ANYTHING that's not a utility, magazines, Netflix, all of that - we don't have a TV, so we didn't have to cut off Cable subscriptions)

Well, if ya don't have a TV, why would ya have Netflix anyway!?!? grin I'm just being funny!!!!

- We instituted a NO LEFTOVERS policy. We eat what we cook, and if we cook too much, we eat that until it's gone.

If you cook too much and have leftovers, why not save 'em for the next day? Forcing yourself to eat food you aren't hungry for is just wasting food/money and if it happens often enough you may start gaining weight!

I'm seriously thinking about an electric chain saw for the woodpile area at least.

IMO, I'd keep a gas chainsaw just in case. If a storm blows a tree down and you need to move it, you may not have any power for the electric chainsaw. I realize you have a generator, but you'll be using gas for it to power an electric chainsaw! You may also need the generator for powering stuff in the house at the same time you may need to drag it somewhere to use the chainsaw.

I'm just offering up my opinion, and only you know what you need for your family and your situation. I applaud your efforts/gusto and now you have me thinking about trying some of the things you are doing!

Roger