Short Magazine Lee Enfield, AKA SMELLY. The .303 military cartridge with 10 round magazine capacity and very rapid bolt cycling will outrange and deliver greater potential accuracy than half the sturgewar being pushed at 10 times the cost. It is still one of the most popular world rounds. Get a pocket LEE LOADER, a box of the splendid OZ made Rhino 215 grain bullets and you duplicate, even better the famous Dominion load renowned in Canada for moose and bear.The rifle was made to take field abuse and still go bang. Lightwieght, combination guns have a long history and practicality. But the modern concept comes mostly from military needs for an easily stowed and light firearm in aircraft. Give me a jar of peanut butter, some mouse and rat traps and wire and I'll catch more mice and squirrels while building Fort Zinderhoff with my wire saw than 10 guys stalking the perimeter. You can even fit the thing with a bayonet if the squirrels charge or you lose your survival knife. I like the simple pointed rod version. It's great for marshmellow roasts.

Edited by Chris Kavanaugh (04/29/08 04:49 AM)