Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
I'm not worried.

Guns just aren't a big thing for me or my plans. I have them but if not no biggie. Seeing as that most of what I own are long guns and unlikely to be outlawed any time soon I'm unlikely to be effected. Even then. There are other ways.

Conceivably, given the wording of the article in question, they could say there is no individual right to gun ownership and that right is reserved for militia. I doubt they would see it that way but it is possible.

It’s a dangerous position to be caviler about a right (gun ownership) because you don’t feel it effects you right now. At some point one of your rights that does effect you and that you care about will be under attack and if others say “no big deal” as you did who’s going to fight for it if we all felt that way?

I don’t smoke, never have & never will. I hate the smell of cigarettes, they stink something terrible. But I am for a person’s right to smoke and very strongly against all the anti-smoking bans being passed all across the country. It’s the principal of freedom and the right of a person to choose what he wants to do in & with his life. And my dislike of the nanny state where the government decides everything for us.

You know the bill of rights is not about the rights the government gives us. It’s about our God-given rights and tells the government that they can not infringe on them or take them away. It’s suppose to protect us from government not give the government the power to grant something our founding fathers knew were God given.

If you read the bill of rights, check out the wording. The whole bill of rights is about individual rights, not about the rights of a group like a militia.

It’s about limiting the government’s power.
But see how well that has worked out over the years…

You can run, but you'll only die tired.