Wow, I just had a weird feeling today. I was in the office talking to our Head of Security (an ex-RCMP cop) discussing panic alarms in some our buildings. I showed him a panic alarm button that gets attached to a Customer Service workstation and he wanted to open it up and take the battery out. He tried with his letter opener but didn't work. Without hesitation, I took out my Spyderco and clicked it open! It took me a couple of seconds to open the case (but I really don't like using the knife as a pry!)

The guy never even flinched. It wasn't until I was putting the knife back on my pants that I realized that if there was anybody in the company to not "flick" my knife in front of, the Head of Security would be it. But he didn't give it a second thought - thankfully for me, there are other people in this world besides me who think carrying a pocket knife is just a regular thing.

However, I'm not a "total doughnut head" - I am going on a tour of a newly renovated and occupied Correctional Centre (min. security) next week. The first thing I thought of was that I should probably empty my pockets of all my goodies before going on the tour, lest any of the items become "lost"!