I think your list is great and the effort to be prepared even better. I have only a couple suggested tweaks for your consideration focusing on the idea that you cannot know if the crises will be over in 72 hours and your survival stash may not be available or reachable in 72 hours..

I think it is the Voyager cell phone from Verizon, is a waterproof item with built in GPS and other outdoor-oriented features.

Some change for public phones, vending machines, toilets, etc.

Triplicate list of phone numbers that matter to you.

One of the Grundig self-powered radios that crank generates power enough to recharge itself, cell phones, and small batteries. It could be a hectic 72 hours (that turns into many more hours) with many communication or attempted communication hours that could drain even your spare batteries. An obvious study of weight and space trade-offs is necessary - sorry I have not yet done it.

Along the same lines, self-powered, never-need-batteries flashlight.

Concealed (?drain bamage re what you call it!) under clothes-, belt- , and shoe wallets / pouches – not exclusively for cash.

Clothing not cotton.

Pre-bugout pitstop: car and house kit.

If it is a bugout situation, you or others with whom you choose to travel may be injured before you get to your BOB. Be sure your car and house kit FAK is beefy enough to stabilize sprains or fractures, do significant cut and gash repair, suppress pain, etc. to ready you for bugout. Lots of water in the kit to fully hydrate you, with extra to carry at least for a while as you bugout. Walking / defense staff in kit as optional carry. Lots of food to eat on the go – grab, munch, and discard during the start of your bugout without having to stop and get into your BOB. Complete change of clothes, boots, hat, etc. A second bugout bag / backpack of consumables or whatever for an unexpected and less-well prepared companion to carry - or for you to get back to and carry out as needed.

Edited by dweste (03/09/08 09:36 PM)