Originally Posted By: falcon5000
No disrespect meant, I think what we are trying to get across is that a bag and bivy are a reliable and proven shelter system that's weight and size can be brought down significantly rather than a manufactures attempt at improving the process and making claims of a durable product that can be associated with a bag rated at the manufactures specs. This product is by far not durable IMHO and loud. The one I had purchased in a sealed vacuum bag container to be opened when said emergency rises only to find out it's falling apart due to age. A lot of help that would do for me if that scenario would arise. Mabey if it was flammable I could use it as tender. I always encourage technology advancements, but for a manufacture to make claims about a products quality and reliability for me to trust them before opening anything is not valid. I always do my best to check the gear before trusting it. I make mistakes from time to time which is human but after seeing this, I will trust my instinct on this one. If you like it buy it and trust it, but not for me.

Is it better that nothing at all? Yes
Would I bet my life on it? No

I think this back up the idea that you try to follow the rules of threes.

If you are going to possibly need something, like the means by which to start a fire, you should not have only one method. Have three methods, and at least one is likely to work. Instead of going with one supply of water, have three.

Instead of going out into the middle of nowhere with one set of things to use that may keep you warm, take more than one, if you can.

Sometimes, you can only take something the size of that mylar blanket or bag. I took one skiing. A bigger bag, was not an option in my mind.