Hey,

I have a Kershaw Leek "Speed-safe" knife and I like it, but I usually open it with the conventional thumb-stub in public, just to keep the shock factor down. It does really open with a quick and loud "snap" so it draws attention. I recently purchased the Leatherman TTi and have been carrying the Kershaw less. The kershaw also has a shiny silver pocket clip that tends to stand-out against my dark pants and draws unwanted attention. Kershaw Leek: http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=3

I have had problems with the Kershaw opening when I did not want it to. It has never opened in my pocket but I have dropped it and had it spring open. I did not like the extra action of removing the rear blade lock and sometimes it would slide on by itself, so I tightened it down in the off position.

When I first got the Leek folder I forgot to take it out of my left front pants pocket once and I ran it through the wash. The washing machine was no problem but the knife opened in the dryer and poked holes in a load of clothes; my DW was REALLY not impressed with me or my new fancy knife!

Mike