Leasing isn't really an option, because the new vehicle will go to my wife, and I just looked over HER monthly mileage, and it's WAY higher than the mileage allowance for a lease.

I also live in a place where not having a vehicle simply isn't an option.

I re-ran some numbers (see the Google Spreadsheet here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pe_B8vgjx0mQTNyioMLMZfw&hl=en

..and I've decided to run the old Jeep into the ground, and then I'm going to buy something new for my wife. Nothing but fluids and minor repairs from now on - if a strut goes, the Jeep goes.
I didn't realize there's a LOT of 0% financing deals out there, so I'll do a 0% 36 month deal when it's time.

Funny thing is that I'll be getting the old Ford Windstar and my wife will get the newest vehicle.

Looking at a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. 3 Kids - need the 3-row seating of the minivan. I'll never buy a Ford again, and I don't ever go off-road anymore, and I've found just about ANY Front-Wheel drive vehicle is fine in the snow.

What I'd really like is a Subaru Forrester 2.5 XT, but it won't haul the family. The tribeca has more room, but crap mileage.

OY. I absolutely HATE this process - that's why it's been over 10 years since we bought a new vehicle. I can't stand the darn things.