Originally Posted By: benjammin
There was another time long ago when I was carrying a concealed firearm (legally) and accidently flashed it while using a latrine. That got me kicked out of the establishment, despite it being legal for me to carry at that location, just cuz the patron who saw it felt I shouldn't be there armed, and mgmt didn't want a situation or reputation I guess. I didn't feel the need to stay, so my friends and I left and never went back.

Let's see, man carrying gun, leaves without using weapon, when asked to do so. Seems like you were a real threat to me, NOT.

I've been asked why I feel the need to have a weapon when someone has seen my multi-tool or SAK. Usually my response is to say because it's a tool not a weapon. Of course, sometimes I add in "and because my shotgun is too difficult to carry with me all the time."

Agree with Benjamin that some discretion is needed, and I do not break out my knives often in the subway. But I do in NYC, especially around people who know me and might be shocked by it. Sometimes, it's good to make the point that these things are tools, just like a car, and are normally not harmful when used responsibly. So, yes, I do look for chances at time for an excuse to use a knife.

There are millions of guns in North America, very few of them will harm anything living, nevermind a person, today. There are millions more knives in North America, most of the harm they do to people today will be self-inflicted and in someone's kitchen.

Edited by Dan_McI (02/20/08 02:31 PM)