Originally Posted By: Blast
They read a book on edible plants then picture themselves saving a planeful of 23-yr old co-eds after crashing in the Andes. Others dabble lightly in two or three of these and consider themselves ready, but their lack of imagination about possible events and low-quality gear leaves them woefully impaired.

-Blast

Best post I've seen in a long time. I try to read up on the books and get some of the obvious gear (firestarter, tarp, etc,), but my planning and practice needs to be done. Thank goodness that teachers get summer off - lot's of practice.

I think that some part of the triangle should include family practice. My wife is just starting out with ETS and she hasn't realized that she has too train as well. If I get knocked out and a fire needs to be started, then I'm not certain she could pull it off.

Thanks for the thoughtful post. However, I wanted to point out that there were no beautiful 23 year-old coeds on any aircraft that I flew on until AFTER I was married cry Besides, anyone one who considers the situation wants the survival to take place on a very warm tropical islands, not on a snow-covered moutain. smirk

Edited by BrianTexas (02/01/08 08:51 PM)