Am I the only person who thinks Craftsman tools are inexcusable junk? I can't help but think that anyone who thinks a Craftsman ratchet or sockets are good quality has never used ANYTHING better than Craftsman or the cheapest Dollar Store garbage. Try an SK, Mac, or Snap-on just one time, and you'll realize what a con job Sears has done on us.

I think 30 years ago, Craftsman was moderate quality, at best. It was good enough for general use. I think we are nostalgic for those days, without realizing Sears gave up on quality long ago. Today, the stuff just plain breaks, and is downright unpleasant to use until that (inevitable) time.

"You can get a free replacement any time, with no hassles!", people say. So what? I have a box of Craftsman garbage waiting for me to make a trip to the store. I guess I'm not too motivated because the best I can expect is more of the same junk in exchange.

News flash: This is "Equipped to SURVIVE". How many survival scenarios involve a trek to the nearest Sears store to replace your tools that you were trying to save your life with?

I have Craftsman ratchets that have seen the lightest of use that are completely stripped. Sockets that are split wide open. Even when their sockets are new, they fit so sloppily that they round the hexes off bolts. The screwdrivers are embarrassing. Soft metal, with really bad grinds. Someone mentioned a big Craftsman screwdriver as being a real useful tool. I've got one of those in my box, with the end broken off, along with a bunch of smaller ones in the same condition, and Phillips that no longer look like Phillips. How do you destroy a Phillips tip, other than by using it on screws? Not exactly punishing use.

I feel better now.

FWIW,

David