Great job man...and not too long at all.

One thing I'd like to expand on that you mentioned briefly...

I was reviewing my SAR training manual recently as it's an amazing text for survival related information. I hit on the physical fitness requirements of a SAR volunteer and realized that I've been neglecting them over the winter.

Blast mentions that you should use your gear for it to be useful (something which comes up many times in the posts on this forum). I realized after reading this post that his goes for your body too! This is an excellent reason to stay in reasonably good shape if not great shape.

This is one of my weakest areas as I don't get outside as often as I want to...especially in winter. Last week I started walking to work and back (30-40 minutes each way) despite the cold we've been experiencing. You might think you've got good cardio...try it with -35C air in your lungs. In the summer I can walk nearly indefinately as long as I've got water and the pace is right despite a touch of asthma. If I had to carry a heavy pack to work, I'm not sure I'd make it without having to stop for a breather...or several breathers!

Your body is your most important tool. Take good care of it and keep it sharp!