Wow, that is a "bright" idea (sorry about that).

I have never tried the cube type trail tacks, they would proabaly work well, I did make some out of round push pins and but because of the circular post they did not reflect as well as normal thumb tacks (less flat reflective area).

It is important to use the tacks that have reflective tape on them, the cheap version that is just painted does not reflect well.

We have hunted in the same area for 11 years now and the problem is that there are many of our old tack trails that lead to areas we no longer go, this is a real problem when trails cross. My hunting partner spent an evening in my treestand this year and walked out by headlamp after dark; he managed to link-up with an old tack-line of mine from 5 years ago and went about 300m off course (although this is my buddy who could get lost in his own living room).

We would remove these old tack-lines but the tacks are very hard to find in the daylight, you really need to look for them after dark with a light.

The only luminous stuff I have worked with is small bottle of fishing jig-head paint that would glow if you charged it up with light. I also have a few firearm sights that glow-in-the-dark, works well on a bear defence shotgun.

Mike