You want a knife just for skinning?

If you are looking for knives to use around a deer camp where you do your skinning and breaking and do not carry the knives with you into the field, why not use the same knife they use in packing plants. I have a skinning knife and a boning knife that I use for nothing but cutting meat.

Russell is one good brand:

http://www.dexter-russell.com/PDF/meat.pdf

The Sani-Safe line are stainless, provide good grip and they are designed to be washed in very hot water. It does not hurt them a bit to wash them in a dishwasher.

If you look at their products they also make very traditional carbon steel knives with beechwood handles, if that is what trips your trigger.

I do not know who has the best deals, but if you search the web for dexter-russell knives you will find places that sell them.

I really like Victorinox-Forschner boning knives. Their Microban line has a softer grip than the Russell. Their rosewood handle knives give the best grip I know of when you are cutting pork and get a lot of grease on your hands.

If you are you are looking for a knife just to do meat processing, Russell and Forschner are two good brands. They are great meat processing knives, but they are not much good for general field work.

Also, if you go this route a butcher's steel is good to have.