Originally Posted By: Susan
"What I can't figure out is how I never managed to break any bones as a kid."

You grew up on the Learn As You Grow plan, you started young, and learned more as you kept trying new things.

Sue

I kind of think that I just managed to squeeze into that last generation that got to really play. I never broke a bone either (knock on wood), and only sprained my wrist (once).

But every weekend I'd be killing Commie hords in the neighborhood, bike riding, playing at Grandma's... I'm 29, a suburb/city boy that still got lots of camping from Dad and later the Boy Scouts. So, I carry a knife (only cut myself once), not afraid of the dark, probably could spend a night out here in MI if I absolutely had to, can use a rifle, bow & arrow, canoe & knows how to whittle. Didn't even get Nintendo till a few years after it came out. And, to be honest, there's nothing in my parents' house after Nintendo-64. As you can see, video games were never the focus of my brother or my life... though he has plenty of friends to play them with.

No kids of my own, but I swear that they're not getting Gameboy or a Playstation until they're 10. Hopefully my future-wife (she's gotta be out there somewhere) agrees!

Edited by MDinana (01/11/08 03:09 AM)