Originally Posted By: LED
Originally Posted By: Paul810
I'd rather have the new diesel Audi A4 coming out in a few years.

3.0L Diesel
240hp
406ft-lb tq
40mpg highway
50 state emissions compliant

Plenty of power and great gas mileage. Though, being an Audi the price will be a bit high.

I think thats when Toyota is going to finally bring their diesel Hilux (Tacoma) into the US, and hopefully Honda will be bringing over thier diesel line as well. Its about time.

From what I read Toyota is not bringing any diesels over, instead focusing on hybrids only. Honda and Nissan however are planning on bringing over diesels in their cars (Accord and Maxima).

The European and American companies will however be investing a lot into diesel technology. Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Jeep are all working on (or have already released) diesel vehicles and GM/Ford/Dodge all have diesels coming out for their 1/2 ton trucks and possibly SUVs. The Hummer H2 is actually getting a 4.5L diesel and a six speed manual transmission towards the end of next year.

If they put that engine and trans in the H3 (which is possible, it does fit) I would buy one in a heartbeat, especially after I convert it to a solid front axel with a lift to take it off roading. grin