Thanks for the kind words and the suggestions.

The Kenwood is a great radio, dual channels (can scan two bands at the same time) wide band receive (FM, AM, SW, USB, LSB). I can also use it to cross band repeat to the Kenwood D700 in my car. Milspec rugged. Mike works well and has 3 function keys linked to pre-programmed operations. Radio is pc-programmable.

The bag is weather resistant (closed cell padding) but probably not waterproof. That's why I'm looking for a poncho to cover me and it.

You're right about about the carry system, does anyone know of accessory straps that could be used to carry this kind of case over both shoulders? I do have my BOB, which I carry in the car, in a very good dayback. I could throw the key stuff from the attache into that.

As far as attention from officials, not worried, my federal ID badge should handle that.

You're right about the knives but a fixed blade knife in my neck of the woods raises eyebrows. I did buy a Fallkniven WM1 fixed blade for my daughter who lives in Alaska. That's a nice one.

Additional water capability is something I'm looking into. I do carry one pouch of MainStay water in the bag as part of my FAK. Figure it would do in a pinch to wash out an eye or clean out a wound. Better than water from my bottle.

The Fenix would be nice, but gotta work up to that as budget allows. I do have a GloToob light which works much the same way.

Signal mirror is in the DR PSK. I do carry a tooth brush/paste combo item. If there's an emergency I just may forgo shaving! The med kits have bug and sun wipes.

(a great source for individually packaged products like wipes, aspirin, etc. is www.minimus.biz)

Thanks for your thoughtful response, I will take your suggestions to heart.

Andy