Yup, black pouch is my GPS. I completely understand the desire to fiddle with gear until it is just right. My kits change regularly as I tweek the contents etc.

While that vest is a great stand along kit for some SAR operations like mounted ops or short foot patrols it has extreme limitations and VERY uncomfortable with a pack. Not an uncommon problem with vest setups. A MAV like Ironraven mentioned is a great option for a BOB "vest" you can carry a good quantity of necesities and still carry a pack comfortably.

I prefer a smaller chest rig, Eagle Industries' Universal Chest Rig mostly because it is smaller and fills a wider range of fuctions for me. SKD Tactical (who I will second as a great vendor) offers a slimmer version of Eagle's Universal Chest Rig that gives you pals webbing inplace of the large radio (etc) pockets to customize your setup.

Your options for a vest or chest rig are limitless. If you aren't in a great hurry and can spend some time planing/researching you should be able to find what you need. Make a list of what you want to carry and how, than GOOGLE is your friend.