Hi,

For around 15 years I have worn while gun hunting a flouresent orange Hunters Vest with many pockets and built-in backpack that I bought at Cabelas for around $60.00.

It was a great piece of clothing as it carried all my hunting gear plus I could stored my extra insulating or waterproof clothing in the expandable backpack/game-pouch. It was also the colour required by law while gun hunting so it helped prevent me from being mistaken for a game and shot.

The problem with the vest was the combination of both the required colour and the large capacity; while in the field I could never take the vest off, therefore I always had to support the weight of all my equipment stored in it.

Recently I have changed to a lighter orange vest and just carry my EDC items, plus the essential hunting equipment on my person. The heavier hunting specific equipment I carry in an orange backpack so I can remove it when I get to my watch, when I need a break (e.g. lunch) or when I travel in a vehicle.

I may just feel the weight of my old heavily loaded vest more now that I am getting older; I like to think that I am just getting smarter.

Mike