I have finally figured out how to get the bolt removed from the rifle and I have stripped the bolt down to the firing pin. I have come to these conclusions: (I am not a gunsmith so I know I can and may be wrong)

All springs seem to be in good working order

The firing pin is in two pieces (I don't know if it was welded together at some point and broke cleanly or if it is suposed to be in two pieces) the only way i can explain it is like a plunger the spring from the rear of the bolt hits a plunger shaped piece and that in turn hits the firing pin through the hole in the bolt. I couldn't find the digital camera when i had it apart ( it was in my GF's purse and she was out with the kids) But i am plannning on posting some pictures when i get it apart next time.

I was able to put it all back togther.

I think the part of the firing pin that impacts the cartridge is too short. How to rectify this I am not sure of yet.

Thanks everyone for their help and Yoduh while I am about 5 or so years from dealing with the BF situation I am pretty sure i can handle it as i was the big brother and instead of my dad cleaning the guns when my sister got picked up it was I. But i like how your thoughts paralell mine

Edited by REDDOG79 (09/11/07 01:41 AM)