Originally Posted By: Erik_D
Quote:
God will take care of us...

this one is probably my favorite on the list of dumb excuses people give for not preparing. Even more so than "FEMA will save us."

Based just on recent natural disasters, I'd say God has proven to have little interest in the wellbeing of His children. Where was God when the tsunami hit Indonesia and killed 230,000+ people? where was God when Katrina decimated NO, or when any of the recorded hurricanes and tornadoes destroyed hundreds of homes, leaving thousands of people with nothing but their free will and their faith? Years of memories and financial commitment wiped out. And why doesn't God talk some sense into the idiots who repeatedly decide to put up more houses in the exact same spot where the last ones got blown away, when it should be obvious to these people that the odds of it NOT happening again are absurdly small? I've seen some miraculously good things happen, but i've seen so many more bad things happen with no silver lining.

Personally I don't know if I would go that far. I am a very religious person, but I am of the firm belief that the best helping hands God will ever give me are on the ends of my wrists.

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"Only the Paranoid Survive" - Andy Grove

"Why is it called the American Dream? Because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!" - George Carlin