Hi Herb, Chris, Gunsmith and Reddog79,

Thank you all for the information/direction on my sighting problem with my Savage Model 24, with your help I have some research to do!

With regard to wingshooting with this firearm I highly doubt I will be doing much of that. The grouse in northern Ontario are not very smart and most are shot on the ground with the .22 barrel. If you are quiet about it (no shotgun blasts and I even use sub-sonic .22 shells) it is possible to shoot your daily limit of 5 grouse (could be ruffed or spruce) all from the same flock. The shotgun barrel is nice when I miss with my first .22 shot and the bird gets nervous or a second bird takes off on the run.

I could do a little wingshooting on Sharptail Grouse as a sideline to moose hunting but the shotgun barrel has no choke so the flock will have to be close.

The shotgun barrel is more for bear protection around camp, last year bears were not a problem but we were invaded by skunks!

There were 5 of us sleeping in a wall tent when we realized we had a skunk under the kitchen table, "O.K. nobody move and maybe it will go away", after about 15 minutes it left, that could have been really bad if it had of sprayed within the tent!

I appreciate the input,

Mike